Dr. Elaine Kathryn McCreary B.A., M.A., Ed.D.
Elaine is a seasoned facilitator of programs for mid-life and mid- career professionals, for community animators and lifelong learners. As a mother of three and grandmother of four, she is constantly inspired to promote personal and social transformation. A far-thinking visionary, she brings audiences to see hidden potentials, leads them into synergy-producing activities, and shows them what is indeed within their grasp. The expansion of on-line learning now brings her talents within your reach.
Doctor of Education
- Earned three degrees in 17 years through four universities
- Design, delivery, evaluation and management of instruction and agency-level educational program planning
- History, sociology, and philosophy of adult education movements in Euro-America and beyond
- Self-directed information gathering by advocacy groups to develop strategic expertise
- Fascinated with consciousness & the processes of learning
- Intrigued by the information society and freedom to learn
Academic – tenured Associate Professor
- Pioneered & researched on-line learning in the 1980’s
- Designed & delivered graduate and undergraduate courses
- Participated in 30 M.Sc. theses as chair, adviser, or examiner
- Conducted research on topics of international development
- Published 6 book chapters & monographs, 12 refereed papers, 30 technical reports, and 36 public addresses before reaching sabbatical.
- On sabbatical transitioned to serve in a global, humanitarian agency
- Higher Education strategic planning, innovation, integration (Ontario)
- Change-management & staff training for a multinational based overseas
- Public service policy, allocations, provincial collaborations (B.C.)
International Teaching Experience
Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, England, Ireland, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Israel, Siberia, Hawaii, Philippines, Malaysia